Ultra SkyMarathon begins in the city of Kranjska Gora and then gives you 60 kilometers of intact nature. The queen race in the kingdom of the ibex won’t leave you indifferent. Almost vertical mountain walls, picturesque ridge traversing with amazing views and daredevil downhills back to the valley await for all those, who are looking for a real challenge in the Julian Alps. The race is suitable for experienced ultra runners, who are very much familiar with mountain conditions.
Distance: 60 km
Elevation gain: 3270 m+
ITRA/ UTMB: 3 points
START: SEPTEMBER 21ST AT 7 A.M.
All races will start at Vitranc hall’s parking lot.
Race BIB distribution will be inside Vitranc hall:
Friday, September 20th: 17.00-21.00
Saturday, September 21st: 6.00-9.00
The queen stage that will take you to medium and high mountain ranges of Julian Alps and Karavanke more than onceFOR EXPERIENCED RUNNERS
A combination of forest paths and single trails, but you’ll also experience medium and high mountain regionsSEMI DIFFICULT TERRAIN
You won’t be checking out the views from the valley only, as you’ll climb toward the peaks and experience the beautiful world of Slovenian mountain rangesSTUNNING VIEWS
There will be more aid stations along the route, however, you must carry food and drink reserve for the time between themAID STATIONS
400 runnersMAXIMUM PARTICIPANTS
For experienced trail runners – the queen stage that will take you to medium and high mountain ranges of Julian Alps and Karavanke more than once.
Semi difficult terrain – a combination of forest paths and single trails, but you’ll also experience medium and high mountain regions.
Stunning views – you won’t be checking out the views from the valley only, as you’ll climb toward the peaks and experience the beautiful world of Slovenian mountain ranges.
Aid stations – there will be more aid stations along the route, however, you must carry food and drink reserve for the time between them.
Maximum participants – 400 runners.
The first part of the route is the same as with SkyTrail – passing river Pišnica and lake Jasna, towards Gozd Martuljek. A tough climb is waiting for you there, where you gain more than 1000 meters of elevation in 10 km. However, it is all worth it once you reach Trupejevo poldne, which is the highest point of your route and offers stunning views. From there you cross the Karavanke ridge, towards Vošca, where the 30 km race starts making its way to the finish line, but you’re not quite there yet.
Instead you continue across Korensko sedlo towards Tromeja – the triple border of Slovenia, Austria and Italy. That’s where you’ll be able to enjoy a daredevil downhill to the Planica Nordic centre with the biggest ski flying hill in the world. But make sure you save a bit of your energy, because there is one last climb you have to tackle – towards Vitranc, hill right above the alpine skiing world cup downhill route. You won’t only hear the finish from there, but see it as well. 😉 You’re almost there, because there is only one downhill left – right to the heart of Kranjska Gora and that very well deserved finisher medal.
Refreshment points will be located approximately every 10 kilometers. Together six (6).
|Until 15. 3. 2019||Until 1. 7. 2019||Until 6. 9. 2019|
|60 EUR||70 EUR||75 EUR|
- Registration after September 6th will no longer be possible – some exceptions are possible. Contact email@example.com for more information.
- All prices include VAT.
- Group registrations (minimum 5 runners from any distance) – the price for each runner is 20% lower than for individual registrations. Each runner signs up individually and then one payment is made for the whole group.
- You can sign up through this form: https://goo.gl/QswNwf.
- Your registration is final once we receive your payment.
- If you pay the fee within 24 hours from signing up, we’ll send you a free training plan for your selected distance.
- Maximum number of runners is 400.
ALL RUNNERS RECEIVE
- Food and drinks at refreshment points along the route
- Finisher’s medal
- A meal in the finish area
- Men up to 30 years (born 1989 or younger)
- Men up to 40 years (born between 1979 and 1988)
- Men up to 50 years (born between 1969 and 1978)
- Men up to 60 years (born between 1959 and 1968)
- Men above 60 years (born before 1959)
- Women up to 30 years (born 1989 or younger)
- Women up to 40 years (born between 1979 and 1988)
- Women up to 50 years (born between 1969 and 1978)
- Women up to 60 years (born between 1959 and 1968)
- Women above 60 years (born before 1959)
In order for a category to be valid, there must be at least 10 female or male runners signed up.
|BIB number that must always be visible||+|
|Appropriate running shoes||+|
|Food and drink reserve||+|